As part of building a proper, user-facing roadmap, I would like to collect user stories. If you have one, please post it as a response to this thread. Here are the rules:
- Use the
As a < user type >, I want < feature/goal > so that < reason >. For example:
As a game developer, I want foliage so that I can have nice looking grass in my game.
- Do not include technical implementation details.
- Do not debate or respond to posted user stories. The only thing that anyone should post in this thread is a user story. Any post that isn’t a user story will be deleted.
- Do not worry about duplication.
- Do not include priority or dependencies.
- Do not worry about the difficulty or complexity of a story.
- You can submit as many as you like.
- Submission of a User Story does not guarantee inclusion in the roadmap.
Yes, these are fairly strict; that is because it is quite a bit of effort to collect and manage these, so this needs to be a high signal, low noise thread.
While you are free to put any user type you want there, some common ones are:
- Game Developer. This is someone who is using Amethyst to make a game.
- Engine Developer. This is someone who is working on Amethyst itself.
- Player. This is someone who plays a game made using Amethyst.
This thread will remain open indefinitely.
As I collect these, I may contact you directly to ask questions or clarify something.
That’s it! Feel free to ping me on Discord or message me here with questions or comments.