@everyone Hi there!
As I discussed earlier, I made some pretty significant changes to how
The fork is located here: https://github.com/jojolepro/amethyst/tree/transform
Here’s a quick recap:
GlobalTransformhas been removed, and the fields were moved into
Transformis now generic over the N: Real bound (f32, f64).
Transformhas been split into
Transform3because of the various differences in required data between 2d and 3d (also its a big optimisation for z ordering in 2d).
TransformSystemwas updated for
As you guessed, modifying the most used struct of all Amethyst will break a lot of things…
That’s why I’m requesting some help to update the remaining of the code.
Here’s what is left to do:
- Fix the broken code
- Fix the broken docs
- Review the changes, current and future, to make sure we aren’t shooting ourselves in the foot with this change.
Here’s some numbers:
- There is 92 mentions of “GlobalTransform” in the whole codebase (includes book).
- There is 840 mentions of “Transform”.
Considering the amount of code to update, I estimate we would need 2 or 3 developers working on different amethyst_* crates to be able to complete this in two to three weeks.
So, in order:
- Is this change wanted?
- Who wants to review the current changes, and try to find if there is any missing fields or features missing?
- Who wants to help update the code so it compiles?
- Who wants to update the documentation?
I opened a pull request here https://github.com/amethyst/amethyst/pull/1334 to give write access to everyone, and to make reviewing easier.