Infrastructure and Release Management Team

(Fletcher) #1

Hello! Me again with another exciting opportunity!

Currently the infrastructure team consists of mostly, well, me. I’d like to find two more people interested in learning and helping maintain the infrastructure. Right now, it is relatively small (< 10 servers). We are leveraging non-profit benefits as much as possible (GitLab Gold for example) to keep our footprint small. Right now, responsibilities are:

1. Maintain these forums
  2. Manage release builds (currently transitioning from Concourse to GitLab)
  3. Taiga
  4. Matrix server and associated bridges
  5. Our NextCloud instance

Later on, there will be more complex needs for thing network integration tests.

Requirements:

1. Familiarity with Linux
  2. Moderately skilled with one high-level/scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, etc)
  3. d389, Okta, Keycloak, etc would be nice. If you don’t know what those are, don’t worry about it.
  4. Docker and Kubernetes would be nice

On-call

There is no on-call. We’re all volunteers. If something breaks, we fix it when we can.

If you are interested, please post a reply below! Thanks!

4 Likes

o/ I’m interested in helping out!

1 Like
(OvermindDL1) #3

If help is needed feel free to ask. I’ve been running a large variety linux servers both as a hobby (over 20 years, included BSD and Solaris) and for work (over 11 years, both linux and SCO Unix). Very proficient with both perl and python (and a lot more). Have both setup and implemented a variety of identity access servers from CAS to OpenID Connect/OAuth2. Have both setup and implemented a variety of source repositories (cvs, svn, and git all with a variety of front-ends), CI and build servers, etc… etc… Using both docker and docker-swarm since near when they came out, used jails and zones before that (on bsd and solaris/ilumos respectively), etc…

1 Like
(Fletcher) #4

…I see. You’ll be hearing from me shortly.

(Fletcher) #5

Are you on our Discord? =)

1 Like
(OvermindDL1) #6

Yep.