Tracking thread for https://blog.discourse.org/2018/11/free-hosting-for-open-source-v2/. Status updates will be made as replies to this.
Form filled out, reached out to someone on Discord that works at Discourse. Current point of contact on the Amethyst side for this is myself, will update once we have a contact on their side.
Questions we need answered for due diligence:
- What is the license agreement? Specifically, do we give up any IP rights to any assets (images, audio, attachments, etc) uploaded to their servers?
- Are we able to get our data out if we need to move back to our own servers?
- Is it possible to maintain our current domain name? I suspect the answer is no, according to their description.
- What SLA, if any, is there with this option?
- Do they have a mechanism for fulfilling GDPR requests?
If you have more questions you’d like answered, please post them here, not in Discord.