Showing a reading list tag from getpocket.com

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #1

Preformatted textJust recording another feature request for waaay down the priority queue.

I’d love to share some of my article collections on Pocket, especially a bunch I’ve tagged with #open-source. But it appears I have to rely on a third-party-app to do that.

I’d be equally excited to see the public reading lists of other Amethyst members as well; this is a good way to break out of my filter bubble a little bit.

There appears to already by a Gatsby plugin for this, so what remains is the front-end.

https://www.gatsbyjs.org/packages/gatsby-source-pocket/?=pocket

I’d be happy to put together a mock-up for what this should look like, though at its simplest it’s really just like any of our other pages with the heading “#opensource by erlend_sh”

:thinking: Even longer term it’s interesting to imagine what a multi-source page of this type might look like, pulling from any number of approved sources, e.g. StackOverflow, Discourse, GoodReads, Amazon etc.

1 Like
(Zicklag) #2

For my team’s website I use the Quasar Framwork to create an SPA that can pull data from anywhere. Right now our site’s only data sources are built-in static pages and a Ghost blog, but it could combine data from any number of different sources. Anything that has an API could become a data source that can be represented however you wish on the site. It can be quite a bit more work than a typical static site that would be auto-generated by a tool like Gatsby, but the result is extremely powerful and infinitely customizable.