This document is a Minimum Viable Product and as such it will only include features that are absolutely necessary for the game to function at a fundamental level.
Note: Everything written here is subject to change in future iterations, so don’t be concerned with current limitations like player only able to shoot while idle. We’ll move beyond these constraints when we’re good and ready.
Inspirations: Mario, Contra
Genres: 2D-platformer, Action, Sci-fi, Pixel Art
Plot: Under discussion. See Story.
The game is set in a side scrolling 2D world.
Camera follows the player.
Player character’s actions (run, jump, shoot) can be controlled through keyboard.
- Player earns point on killing enemies.
- Player’s goal is yet to be decided. See Story.
- Player loses life if they fall out of the bottom screen boundary.
- Player loses life if they come in contact with any of the enemies, or is hit / shot by the enemy (applicable when the enemy has the ability to shoot).
- Each enemy needs to be shot a fixed number of times to be killed. The number varies from enemy to enemy.
- Enemies spawn lazily at fixed positions.
|Movement||Runs and jumps constrained within the level / map boundaries|
|Attack mechanics||Shoots horizontally, while idle, in either direction|
|Death mechanics||Dies if falls out of the bottom screen boundary, comes in contact with any enemy or hit / shot by the enemy|
|Movement||Continuosly walks back and forth constrained within fixed boundaries|
|Attack mechanics||Kills by contact|
|Death mechanics||Dies if shot 4 times|
|Movement||Continuously flies back and forth horizontally in a straight line, constrained within fixed boundaries|
|Attack mechanics||Can shoot horizontally, while idle, in either direction|
|Death mechanics||Dies if shot 6 times|
Yet to be decided.
A game session ends when the player achieves their goal or loses all 3 lives.