Suggestions for Website Improvements

(doomy) #1

Hey there,

Part of my dayjob is identifying areas of friction in regards to application user experience, and I’d like to apply some of that experience to our site. I have a couple of suggestions for our current amethyst.rs layout.

I’d like to keep this thread in the future in case I have some more suggestions, too.

Now is also a good time to remind y’all that I keep a (mostly) up-to-date copy of our site designs on Figma here. All people with the link can view it, and Amethyst members can edit it when signed in with their amethyst-engine.org email.

Anyways,

I have compiled all of our current main pages in a gallery.io document (similar to InVision if you’ve used that, but free). Unfortunately it doesn’t allow for easy sharing via link, so please send a request to view if you’d like it (you can do so after logging into a non org email). If you have an amethyst-org email, you can view it without permissions.

https://gallery.io/projects/MCHbtQVoQ2HCZf5q_o18juUn/files/MCGTalxgYSBP8QrMY6RlVR3G

Click any screen, and then click the “comments” button (or press C) to see my thoughts. Please feel free to add your own! I think annotation is a great way to brainstorm improvements before needing to iterate on actual designs.

2 Likes
(OvermindDL1) #2

Doesn’t seem to be public?

(doomy) #3

If you send me a request I will approve ASAP! Sorry, this is a limitation of gallery.

(OvermindDL1) #4

Sent request, they really should fix that usability issue… ^.^;

2 Likes